East Anand Bagh, Malkajgiri, Hyderabad-500 047
VandemataramRegistered No 5123
No 094400 65100
BHARATIYA TELECOM EMPLOYEES
BHARATIYA TELECOM EMPLOYEES
(Affiliated to Bharatiya Mazdoor Sangh & PSENC)CHQ-24-147/16/1,
Visit us at bteubsnl.org
NO: BTEU(BSNL) / Offtg JTO/2013 Dated the 16th March 2013
Dr. Killi KruparaniHon’ble Minister of State for Communications and IT,
Subject: Regularisation of Officiating JTOs in BSNL by Personal Upgradation – Reg
This is regarding regularization of the services of JTOs who are working in the various circles in BSNL on officiating basis. The brief facts of the case are as follows please.
2. The DOT conducted a screening test for the TTAs working in various circles in the year 2000 against the then available vacancies and the results of the said examination was declared. Some of the officials who succeeded in the examination were sent for training and given appointment as JTOs against the then available vacancies. After this a waiting list was maintained for the rest of the officials.
3. Thereafter a decision was taken to divert 500 posts per year from out of the Direct Recruitment quota during August 2001 and for about 6 years the process was continued.
4. Basing on a court case in the Hon’ble Punjab and Haryana High Court, diversion of vacancies was stopped.
5. Since then the left out officials could not be absorbed in the JTO cadre even though they have completed all training formalities and are working on officiating basis in the circles and many of them have retired on superannuation during this period.
6. After the screening test held in 2000, no chance was given to the TTAs working in BSNL to appear in the JTO exam under 35% quota.
-: 2 :-
This union has proposed in the past for a onetime upgradation of the posts of TTAs i.e. their substantive posts so that the issue gets resolved once for all. Madam, the post of JTO in BSNL is a very pivotal one and the entire field staff, depend on the JTO to attend to various works in the field. These officiating JTOs have been discharging their duties as effectively as anyone else can and it would be just and fair on the part of the BSNL management to regularize their services. This does not entail any financial burden on the company also as most of them are sufficiently senior. Further Personal upgradation will not come in the way of the present court case also as they are not going to occupy the posts of any other officials or quota.
We therefore request your honor to kindly see that the issue is resolved immediately. Now that the BSNL management is making arrangements to conduct the JTO Limited Internal competitive examination in the month of June 2013, it is very much essential that this issue is resolved well before the said examination is conducted.
With profound regards,